The first two weeks of school have completely kicked my booty! I am so tired.
But life goes on.
Elizabeth and Muriel and I went to a women’s conference at our church on Friday night and Saturday morning.
I almost backed out of going because I’m so tired, but Michael and Elizabeth talked me into going. I’m so glad they did! It was great. The speaker was Tara Leigh Cobble and she’s amazing. If you don’t know who she is, look for her Bible Recap podcast. She is a really awesome speaker and she has a gift for explaining the Bible and making stories from the Bible come to life in new ways.
The conference was over at noon on Saturday and we came home. I knew I needed to cook something for lunch that wouldn’t take long because I was fading fast! This was the perfect thing!
Mexican Chicken and Rice
- 2 large chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 2 packages of Knorr Creamy Chicken Rice and Pasta Blend
- 3 cups of water
- 1 16-oz. jar of picante sauce
- white queso dip
- Drizzle 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil (or your favorite sauté oil) into a large skillet and heat over high heat.
- Add chunks of chicken and cook, stirring after a few minutes and then stir. Continue to cook for about 5 minutes, stirring often. Chicken does not have to be cooked through at this point.
- Add the butter and stir until melted.
- Pour in the contents of both Knorr packs and the water and stir to combine.
- Stir in the picante sauce.
- When the mixture begins to bubble, cover the skillet and lower the heat to low.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes, stirring once, halfway through.
- Turn off the heat and leave skillet covered for about 10 minutes to allow the rice to absorb any remaining liquid.
- Serve hot with a drizzle of queso.
Well Duh #1: From opening the fridge to get the chicken breasts and butter until serving this in bowls took a little less than 30 minutes.
Well Duh #2: If you don’t have a lid for the skillet you’re using, just lay a pizza pan or cookie sheet over the skillet.
Well Duh #3: I was planning on garnishing with chopped cilantro, but I forgot until we were halfway finished eating. Next time!
This was a REALLY good dish! We loved it. And Christopher came by when he got off work and he loved it, too!
Looking for a really fast, delicious dish that you and your family will love? This is it!